Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A bad diagnosis..

Well I seem to have the most ROTTEN luck with my feet. Somehow they are always injured.. there's either massive blisters, falling off toenails, slivers needing to medically be dug out, or some kind of sprained ankle. Well so as luck would have last week during soccer practice I somehow managed to BREAK my foot. It's not a big break.. just a little chunk came off of my metatarsal. When it happened I thought I must have merely bruised it so I kept playing regardless.. probably not smart. The next day it turned blue and purple and started swelling. I couldn't exactly walk so I told my coach I couldn't come to practice that day. She had me go see the trainers to see what they thought was wrong with my foot. Well the trainers sent me to the Kahuku hospital for an x-ray and it showed my fractured bone.
If you look at the metatarsal of my big toe you can see the little chunk that broke COMPLETELY off.. I was thoroughly disappointed by this point. A BROKEN foot!! How could this happen! It was barely hit and suddenly it's broken! Ugh.. just my luck. Well so the hospital in Kahuku decided to send me to a doctor in Honolulu to see if I had to get a pin stuck in it so it wouldn't move around too much. I went to that doctor today and GOOD NEWS I don't need a pin! Yay! He did however tell me that I can't play soccer for TWO MONTHS!!!!! I couldn't believe it! He said I can't risk having something hitting my toe and stopping the scare tissue from healing between the bone completely. I asked him if I could play if I just kicked with the other foot... he said no. I can't even run for 4 weeks! What am I supposed to do for 4 weeks!!!!? Who really needs that chunk of bone anyway huh?!? I obviously am out for the rest of the season and I am VERY sad.... granted there is only 3 weeks of the season left but still... I am officially the cripple of the team. Not something I particularly ever wanted to become but what can you do.. For now I'm stuck doing cycling workouts with a blue foot!This photo doesn't quite show my foot's true colors, but it looks something like that. What bummer. No more soccer. No more running.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl! You're foot looks terrible! I'm so sorry, that's just the pits! Maybe by some miracle it will heal super, super fast and you can play soccer very, very soon. :)
Love you! Have a fast recovery!

Dani said...

WENCH!!! Ahhhh your foot is disgusting. I hope you're alright! I'm wicked sorry that it happened, and about soccer, but think of all the great stories you're going to be able to tell from it! I definitely think you should show it off. I love you with all my heart!!!