Sunday, June 7, 2009

Road to Insanity

Sometimes my life can be really interesting. On Saturday my sister insisted that I drive down to Sandy to pick her up from her friends house and I reluctantly agreed as long as it didn't take too long.. yeah right. The drive down was okay.. it only took about an hour to get there although I'm not gonna lie I was in quite a bad mood by the time I did. Then as we start heading back up I realized my hopes of getting anything done that day would be dashed. Traffic was horrendous! I don't know if any of you have had the chance to drive northbound on I-15 but they closed off the entire freeway. Rachel and I were stuck in stand still traffic for 3 hours. Obviously we had to find new ways of entertaining ourselves. We began to dance like crazy people. Rachel got out her makeup bag and we began to draw on each others faces with eyeliner. We made each other each have a huge unibrow, a mustash and a beard. That combined with our insane dancing and singing at the top of our lungs with the windows down was plenty of entertainment for those around us. Suddenly I realized I had to go to the bathroom and could no longer hold it. We were no where near an exit and it would be at least an hour before the next one. I saw no other option but going in the bushes! I made Rachel switch into the driver seat while the car was still moving through traffic. I ran out of the car and dodged the slow moving cars to get to the side of the road. I hopped over the barrier and into a bunch of long cat tails. Obviously every car on that strip of freeway saw me go into the bushes and they all knew what I was doing. The bushes were full of mud and I came out covered in mud, with a big grin on my now hairy looking face. I ran back into the car where Rachel sat laughing uncontrollably. Needless to say the cars around us were giving us all kinds of looks, but I think we may have brightened their day by entertaining them while stuck in traffic. Just to make matters worse Rachel and I decided to go to IHOP before we went home because we were starving from all that dancing in the car. We went into IHOP with unibrows, mustaches, and beards and I was covered in mud. The waitress avoided eye contact with us and the looks we got were priceless. Although I spent 4 hours just driving on Saturday I have to say it was quite the adventure!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

That is the absolute COOLEST story I have ever heard... and you have cracked out some crazy ones. I'm so proud of you!!!! I'm still laughing! Hee hee hee!!! I freak'n LOVE YOU!!
I can't wait till August.

Kozy said...

That is the funniest story ever! Haha I love it! I can totally imagine you doing it too...I only wish I was there to witness the marvelous event! You're awesome, and you totally just made my day!

Caitlin said...

You are insane, Caralemur!