Friday, January 15, 2010

Some things I'm grateful for..

-I’m grateful for friends in my life to remind me of who I really am and who I want to be. I am blessed with some of the greatest friends and examples in my life. I know that the friends I have in my life are not by chance. They were all put here to help me and for me to help them. We all learn from each other and love one another.

-I am grateful for the love that surrounds me in my life. The love of family and friends that surpasses anything I could ever have hoped for. I am grateful for the power of that love to overcome any trial or tragedy. The love shown to me uplifts and strengthens me. I would be nothing without that love. Love is the universal element in this world. We all have the capacity to love and to be loved. How blessed we all are to have such a merciful God to provide us with this love and to be our example of perfect love.

-I am grateful for the things that enrich my life like music, art, and culture. Music is the heart’s way of expressing itself. There is no other way to describe it. Music uplifts and inspires me in ways that nothing else can. Often times I find myself wanting to jump up and shout because of the way music makes my heart soar. Often times, moments of deepest thought and meditation come when music is there to set my soul and mind free. It releases me from the filth and grim of the world and sets me higher, in a place where I am free. Art has the same power to release the inner soul’s thoughts. I am so grateful to be able to draw and paint so that I may better express the things inside of me in such a therapeutic way. Art can tell so many different stories to so many different people. It can be exactly what you want it to be at any time

2 comments:

Dani said...

I'm grateful for Caralee and what a great friend and inspiration she is to me :)

Kelly said...

Do you know that you are beautiful? I love you so much! Thank you for being the bestest friend in the whole wide world.